BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

12 October 2007

One regret rectified

I'm usually not one for regrets in life, but there was always one event that bugged me. Back in my freshman year of college, a group of people were getting tickets to go see the bands Creed and Collective Soul. Creed was ok with me, but Collective Soul is my favorite band of all time. So I jumped at the chance to go, right? Nope, I didn't think I had the money, so I passed. And I regretted not seeing my favorite band in concert ever since.

So, we were going home to Nebraska this last weekend over "reading and study days." I was just poking around these here internets and found out that Collective Soul was playing with Live in Council Bluffs the Saturday we were going to be in the area. I called up my best friend from college and explained that providence seemed to be shining down upon this trip and that we had to go to this concert.

Long story short, we went and had a blast. It was an outdoor concert, the weather was perfect, we only waited in line for about 10 minutes to get in but were still within the first few hundred people through the gate, and we spent the entire concert within 15 feet of the stage. It was one of the most fun things I've done in recent memory, not to mention my best friend was rocking out with me.

Anyway, it was great, and I rectified really my only regret in life to this point. I'll have to see what other regrets I can come up with now. If you want to see some pictures of the concert, go here: omahanightlife.com.

And if you like post-grunge alt rock and haven't checked out the new Collective Soul album "Afterwords", it's definitely worth a listen.

1 comments:

luckeechief said...

Oh yeah, and Live was there too. And the guy from Tonic. The "No Regrets Tour" continues with an Alter Bridge concert, perhaps?