BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

21 March 2010

Spring is here

Thought I'd post a quick note to say I'm fully enjoying running again.  Both feet are virtually pain free.  My run on Thursday was the best I've had in nearly a month.  After the first mile, everything loosened up, and I felt like I could go forever.  I still only did 2 miles, just to be sure I didn't go too far too soon.  I probably looked goofy running around town with a big smile on my face, though.  That's what happens when I can just run, especially with the sun out!  It's honestly like I'm a kid again, just running for fun, to see how fast and how far I can go.  I was reminded of that joy again today as we had some friends over for supper.  Since the weather was nice, we celebrated the first day of spring by grilling and playing outside.  One of the first things the kids wanted to do was race their dad around the house.  It was great to see them running just to run.  That kid is still in me, the one that just wants to get out of the house and run in the warm spring sunshine, and I know it's those moments of freedom and childlike bliss that keep me running. 

Anyway, I did 3 miles today.  Again, virtually no pain except for plain ol muscle fatigue.  My confidence is building again and I am really excited to start working up the distance again.  Monday marks two months until the race, so I guess I'd better get going! 

0 comments: