BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11 December 2009

Winter is here

The first real snow of the season blew in earlier this week, and although we didn't get as much as they did to the south, we still have a few inches on the ground.  The real trouble is the wind is fierce and the temperature has plummeted.  It looks like winter may be here to stay for a while, so that means it's time for me to ponder what to do about my running.  I could run indoors over at the school, but that means getting up extra early so I can be out of the building by 7:30.  We'll see if I can make a commitment to doing that.  Also, running inside or on a treadmill seems kind of like a prison sentence to me.  I really don't like it.  I have enough cold weather running gear that I could probably make a go of it outside as long as the windchill is around double digits above.  It might get there this afternoon, so I'm waiting to see if I can run in another hour or so.  Some work needs to be done in the house first!

I also have been blessed to be joined on this journey of discipline and self-improvement by one of my best friends who's also a pastor.  Together, I know that we can both achieve our goals.  It's also a blessing to know that this process is going to keep me more closely connected to someone I miss and care about.

0 comments: